Minister of State for Board of Investment Dr. Mifta Ismail met with business delegation from Italy today.
Delegation comprised of
- Antonio Monesi President and Giorgia Vignato Responsabile Pakistan of Bellelli Engineering,
- Paolo Gaburro Vice President of Asia Elettronica,
- Giorgio Guidi MD of Eni,
- Zeeshan Yousaf Industrial Business Director for Pakistan of CNH,
- Pietro Bruno VP Head of N-E Asia regional unit Federico Seghesio Helicopter Division of Finmeccanica,
- Gianpaolo Bruno Director Dubai Office of ICE, Iannacone Stefano MD of Mapei,
- Valdez Lisbi Head of Aircraft, Automotive Trains Unit of SACE,
- Biondo Antonio Law Enforcement & Defence Sales Director of BERETTA, and
- Iannacone Stefano Managing Director of MAPEI.
Basic agenda of the meeting was to increase investment from Italy therefore a group of renowned companies came to discuss the investment prospects in Pakistan. Zeeshan Yousaf from CNH said that they want to introduce combine harvesting agricultural in Pakistan and for that they have already met with the Minister of National Food and Security Sikandar Bosin.
Moreover they want to repower the truck fleet here with their new fiat technology in which they would provide their technical expertise in locally assembled plant here. Giorgio Guidi MD from ENI said that they want to invest in alternative energy here in Pakistan. Valdez Lisbi from Automotive Trains Unit of SACE said that they can provide financial services/assistance and bank guarantee on behalf of the Italian companies. Federal secretary Industries Khizar Hayat said that Italy should look into the Large Export Processing Zone in Gawadar as well as it’s a great opportunity for foreign investors.
Italian business delegation is visiting other economic ministries for the same purpose and there is a good hope that in near future investment from Italy would increase in Pakistan